You want an Australian PR so that you can comfortably settle down in Australia. You research. You enquire. You gather your certificates, papers, and documents. In the points-based system, you are still skeptical of getting a PR.
After much research, you learn that by giving an exam you could gain five extra points and get that dream PR you always wanted. You will, therefore, now give the NAATI CCL exam. In a nutshell, the NAATI CCL test (Credentialed Community Language) ascertains the potential of an exam - taker to convey the meaning of a conversation from the English language to LOTE (Language other than English) and vice-versa.
THE NAATI CCL EXAM
In the main part of the test, consisting of 20 minutes, a conversation between a native English speaker and a LOTE speaker is heard - And the candidate's interpreted and translated response is recorded for marking mechanism. Additional 10-15 minutes are given to read the test interactions.
There should be a reasonable level of accuracy while translating the languages. The NAATI CCL 'course' include general conversations of some social topics, but not only limited to health, legal, community, immigration, social services, financial, insurance, education, housing etc.
COMPREHENSIVE EXAM GUIDELINES
It is good to know what happens on the day of an exam so that we know what to expect and what not to! Here are some guidelines for you to be mentally prepared before the day of the exam.
- The first and foremost, all test-takers are to arrive before the stated time to their assigned test center. Latecomers will not be tested.
- As a proof - requirement of identity for the exam session, the candidates need to provide evidence of their identity. It has to be the photo identity submitted with the application; in many cases, a driver's license or a passport.
- The test-takers, are prohibited to use electronic devices like cell phones, laptops, tablets, etc. The electronic devices, if brought by the candidate, must be switched off and stored securely before the test commences. The candidature of a candidate can be canceled if a candidate attempts to capture or record exam material or communicate with a third party, not recognized by the assessors.
- Test-takers are barred from using any form of electronic communication modes or functions on any devices - right from the time they enter the waiting room until they exit the respective test venue.
- Candidates have to wait in a separate waiting room until called for the test.
- Also, adding on to the above point, the candidates will not be allowed to leave the test venue until the test is complete. If a candidate leaves the premises, they won't be allowed to return to attempt the test.
- Patience is a crucial factor as the testing is conducted from 8.30 am to 4.30 pm (in some locations) - implying, some candidates may have to wait for a more extended period for the test.
- The exam - takers are responsible for getting their food and beverages. It is the responsibility of the test center that the candidates get a place to eat during the exam day. As mentioned earlier, the waiting room will have access to seating and toilet facilities.
- The NAATI supervisors have the final call, wrt. the acceptable standard of conduct within the premises.
- Only paper - based resources like a glossary or a dictionary are allowed to be brought by the candidates, for last - minute preparations. However, the materials brought will NOT be allowed to be accessed during the actual test.
- You can only refer to handwritten notes you make. A paper and pen will be provided by the test center for use, and have to be returned after the completion of the task.
- After the test, the notes are NOT to be taken out. They will be destroyed by the authorities. Also, you are not permitted to speak to other test candidates.
With CCL Tutorials, get trained for the NAATI CCL exam directly by the subject experts. Whether you need Online Coaching for Hindi, Punjabi or Tamil, CCL Tutorial has experts to help you out.
With a perfect 100% batch result, we strive to get you the five coveted points to help you get closer to your Australian PR.
Get the best online coaching in any of the 3 languages - Hindi, Punjabi or Tamil and avail perks of Interactive live classes, great study material, practice tests
, access to vocab bank and many more.
Register for FREE!!!
Reach us now for any queries related to NAATI CCL Test.